Date: 4/8/18 6:31 am
From: David Trently <david...>
Subject: Long-tailed Ducks at Merli-Sarnoski Park, Lackawanna County, ne PA
Yesterday (Saturday, April 7), Dave LaVerne and I found five Long-tailed Ducks on the lake at Merli-Sarnoski Park in Lackawanna County. Three males and two females.
We visited other lakes in the area (Chapman, Newton, Crystal and Sheridan) and found lots of Common Mergansers, 4 Red-breasted Mergansers, lots of Bufflehead, Lesser Scaup, a few Greater Scaup...hundreds of Tree Swallows...two Ospreys...a few Common Loons.Had what were probably some Rusty Blackbirds at Fords Pond (Clarks Summit area, Lackawanna County) but they flew off before I could confirm.
Corby Swamp along Beaver Pond Road and Forest Acres Drive in Clarks Summit had a couple of Eastern Palm Warblers.
eBird reports have been submitted.I hope others can get out and see what waterfowl are migrating though PA this weekend! David TrentlyDirector of Operations for North America
Partnership for International Birding570-909-8052888-203-7464 ext 926
http://www.pibird.com/

Join us on Facebook!