Date: 4/7/18 8:53 pm
From: Sabrina Hepburn <s.k.hepburn...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] BBC Trip To Crooked Pond and JB Little Road
The BBC trip this morning led by me and Zack Weber, with 4 participants, began with drizzle and some sleet, becoming progressively nicer as the morning wore on. Many of the birds we typically look for on this yet were not back yet, or were not in good numbers, though a few early spring arrivals were noted especially at JB Little. As previously reported, Crooked Pond, while still accessible, has gotten more difficult with the main trail blocked and flooded - birders should expect they will be using less maintained, steeply sloping and muddy trails to get very far into the reservation.

Bald Hill Reservation--Crooked Pond, Essex, Massachusetts, US
Apr 7, 2018 7:30 AM - 9:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
Comments: BBC Trip led by Zack Weber and Sabrina Hepburn, with 4 participants. Snow/light rain in the am, eventually clearing.
16 species

Wood Duck 4
Mallard 3
Ring-necked Duck 2
Mourning Dove 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 5
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Brown Creeper 3
Song Sparrow 1
Red-winged Blackbird 5
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
American Goldfinch 2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44349996 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44349996>

Boxford-Georgetown, incidental, Essex, Massachusetts, US
Apr 7, 2018 9:15 AM
Protocol: Incidental
Comments: Traveling from Crooked Pond to Crane WMA
4 species

Turkey Vulture 2
Red-tailed Hawk 1
American Robin 1
Dark-eyed Junco 1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44350047 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44350047>

Crane Pond WMA--J.B. Little Rd., Essex, Massachusetts, US
Apr 7, 2018 9:45 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: BBC Trip lead by Zack Weber and Sabrina Hepburn. Walked JB Little, down and back
24 species

Canada Goose 2
Wood Duck 1
Green-winged Teal 3