Date: 4/7/18 7:28 pm
From: Scott Barnes <scott.barnes...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] NJA "All Things Birds" Sandy Hook trip
Jerseybirds,

Surprisingly good day at the hook despite chilly temps & northwest winds. Lingering waterbirds, some raptors, and a good number of short-distance passerine migrants rounded out a fun day with our participants & associate naturalists Linda Mack, Carole Hughes, & Hank Burk. 81 species were tallied, showing what diversity hook provides, even under less than optimal conditions. Some highlights below:

5 Red-shouldered Hawks
Least Sandpiper (lil' early)
3 Lesser Black-backed Gulls
6 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers
34 No. Flickers
43 Eastern Phoebes
Purple Martin
9 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers
17 Golden-crowned Kinglets
5 Ruby-crowned Kinglets
8 Hermit Thrushes
25 Palm Warblers
3 Pine Warblers
"Gambel's" White-crowned Sparrow
9 Eastern Towhees
Eastern Meadowlark

NJ Audubon has field trips to Sandy Hook the next two Sundays (April 15 & 22). See our calendar for details:
https://community.njaudubon.org/ATB-Calendar

Good birding,

Scott Barnes
Program Director, All Things Birds