Date: 4/7/18 3:51 pm
Subject: Southern California
My husband and I are traveling to CA at the end of May. This is
vacation/visiting family, but I hope to spend a decent amount of time
birding. Specifically, we will be in San Diego (but only a couple of days),
Mission Bay area. Then LA, near Griffith Park for a few days, ending with a
few days at Yosemite NP at the beginning of June.

Any recommendations, insights, guide info etc would be greatly appreciated.
The only portion of the trip that is still wide open is Yosemite. I'm
trying to decide where to stay that won't cost a fortune. Two contenders
are Mariposa, with a focus on the western side of the park and Mono Lake
(may still be snowing) , with a focus on the Eastern side. We won't have
time for both. The plan is to fly back from LAX, but both locations are
about the same travel time as far as I can tell.

Advice??

Thanks in advance,
Lisa Hayes
Charleston, SC