Date: 4/7/18 1:21 pm
From: Jory Teltser via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Birding the Aspetuck Land Trust Preserves
Hi, my name is Jory Teltser and I am a representative of the Aspetuck Land
Trust. We are interested in obtaining data about what wildlife is seen on
the Aspetuck Land Trust properties. The goal of this project is to gather
as much data as we can through Citizen Science and cover as many Aspetuck
Land Trust Preserves as possible. The Aspetuck Land Trust has approximately
50 trailed properties in Fairfield County, and many others that are
non-trailed. Your observations and information will assist us in surveying
the lands. This input will help us manage and conserve these critical
nature preserves, will give us a better understanding of how these natural
ecosystems function, and help us maintain and preserve current and future
properties.

To give us your observations, please visit the Aspetuck Land Trust website
and click on the mammal and bird observation form. There you will be able
to submit your mammal observations. For your bird observations, however, we
would appreciate your using eBird, or the Connecticut Bird Atlas
observation forms. If you are using eBird, you can also record other animal
observations in the checklist comments. Please be sure to provide as much
information as possible. After submitting your eBird checklist, please
share your checklist with the Aspetuck Land Trust eBird account, username
“altbirds”. Remember to use breeding codes!

So get out and explore a new or local Aspetuck Land Trust Preserve!

If you need further information or have any questions, feel free to contact
me.

Jory Teltser:
President of the CTYBC, and Member of the Land Management Committee at
Aspetuck Land Trust
Westport
*Check out the Connecticut Young Birders Blog!*
https://connecticutybc.wordpress.com/