Date: 4/7/18 11:20 am
From: Bert Harris <aramidopsis...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Roseate Tern sites in June
Hi all,

My family and I will be visiting Boston from Virginia in early June. We
would like to spend a day looking for Roseate Terns (June 3rd). Based on
eBird it looks like Munn Preserve near New Bedford is a good spot. But I'm
guessing that there is not actually a nesting colony there. Given the
difficulty of identifying Roseate Terns I was hoping to get a look at one
perched. Does anyone have any thoughts on where we might see them perched?
I understand that there are colonies on Martha's Vineyard but that's too
far for us--we only have one day. Are there regularly scheduled tours to
any colonies?

Thank you very much!
Bert Harris, Orlean, VA

Join us on Facebook!