Date: 4/7/18 7:54 am
Subject: Trumpeter Swan still on Ocracoke, April 6, 2018
The Trumpeter Swans remains on Ocracoke, seen yesterday afternoon, April 6,
2018. It is in a marshy area on the left side of the South Point Road as
you head to the beach. That sandy road requires a beach driving permit for
vehicles. Bikes are fine, and the walk is a couple hundred yards or so.
Easily seen, it is often in the back area and best observed with a scope.
It does also, at times, feed much closer to the road. It is very active. If
anyone wants additional info. or a quick update and I can scoot over, feel
free to contact me via Facebook or <petevankevich...> /Peter
Vankevich

Join us on Facebook!