Date: 4/6/18 5:14 pm
From: Scott Baron <baron.scott...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Montgomery County, first week of April
Hello, birders.

The Red-headed Woodpecker continues at its usual spot at Blockhouse Point
Conservation Park on April 2 and today April 6. Expected migrants are
arriving now, including lots of Flickers (over 20, with 11 feeding in one
place). Also B.g. Gnatcatcher, No. Rough-winged Swallow, Louisiana
Waterthrush, etc. My first ever Rusty Blackbird for the park was perched
in trees at the vernal pools on the Muddy Branch Greenway Trail.

At Woodstock Equestrian Park in the western part of the county, I saw
Vesper Sparrows yesterday but they were not in evidence today. I saw my
first Yellow Palm Warbler of the season there today.

Take care,

Scott Baron
Gaithersburg, Md.