Date: 4/6/18 4:45 pm
From: Rollin Deas <Deas.rollin...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Garret Mountain April 6
I got a late start today at Garret Mountain, but it was worthwhile. Highlights included:
Pileated woodpeckers (nest building; perhaps the same birds Marc Chelemer found earlier this week), e. phoebes, barn swallow, tree swallows,
rough-winged swallows, golden-crowned kinglets, blue-gray gnatcatcher, hermit thrush, rusty blackbird, e. towhee, chipping sparrows.

The surprise of the day was an American wigeon on Barbour's Pond; I don't remember seeing one there before. Perhaps the dredging of the
pond has made it more suitable for this species. It was nice to see a minor wave of spring migrants, as well as the sun, after another cool, dark
morning!

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi