Date: 4/6/18 4:18 pm
From: Richard Garrigus <rgarrigus...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Northern Shoveler on Mill Creek Pond
Hi all,

Finally caught up with a NOSH on Sawyer Road after two attempts each at
Prout's Pond, Scarborough and Spurwink Marsh, CE over the past two days. On
the way back to Portland I detoured past Mill Creek Park and found one on
the pond there. Nice close encounter.

While I'm at it, found my FOY Osprey on the waterfront near Ocean Gate
earlier this afternoon. It flew into a nest behind the central collection
of pilings, and sat there huddled against the snow that began to fall, then
flew off to the west after 15 minutes. Is it checking out available nests?

It's happening!

Richard Garrigus