Date: 4/6/18 1:52 pm
From: Warblerick <ricksussman1955...>
Subject: [MDBirding] New yard migrants
I picked up two new species for the year/yard list today. Early this morning an Eastern Meadowlark was perched in the top of one of our wild cherry trees, and then it flew into my neighbors pasture, where it joined two others and began foraging there. No. 55.

About 11:30 I stepped out of my shop with my binoculars, and spotted a bird on the ground near the back meadow, not far from me. I thought it was going to be a Chipping Sparrow, but when I put my bins on it, it turned out to be a very yellow Palm Warbler. No. 56. It flew into the meadow, then a short bit later I saw it fly off towards the back part of the yard and out of sight.

Should be an interesting weekend...

Rick Sussman
Woodbine, MD