Date: 4/6/18 8:37 am
From: 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Royal Tern in Solomons, Calvert County
I had to pick up some scientific equipment at the Chesapeake Biological Lab this morning on Solomons. On my way back off the island, I noticed a Royal Tern on a piling so swung by to take some pix. Wasn't sure if it would get flagged on eBird so thought I'd get some doc shots. The filter goes non-zero on 4/2 so it wasn't necessary. There are only two other reports on eBird so far this year. I've seen them at this exact location earlier in the year. Presumably the cold spring is keeping some birds further south?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8671193@N08/27404395948/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8671193@N08/41275990001/

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>