Date: 4/6/18 8:25 am
From: Fred Weber <fuagtics57...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Black-headed Gull
Yesterday between 5:30 & 6:30 pm I saw the adult Black-headed Gull at South Amboy/Morgan mud flats. It was foraging with up to 80 Bonaparte's Gulls and a couple Laughing & Ring-billed Gulls not too far off shore. In good light, I could see the dark hood, black under the primaries, white upper wing wedge, and larger size than the Bonaparte's. I had good scope views for about an hour. They never came into the beach the whole time I was there. I started around 4 pm.

2 pairs of Oystercathers were there and 50+ Horned Grebes. A few Great Cormorants were on a rock pile/channel marker to the north of the park.

Fred Weber

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi