Date: 4/6/18 7:41 am
From: John Confer <confer...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] And more finches
I got a notice that this previously failed the fraud test. I'm not sure it went out. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Hi Laura,

I'm so glad you had a good finch morning. About 5 miles to the southeast, we, too, had an abundance of finches. I tried to count the goldfinch by fives and got to ~135. We had 2 Pine Siskin that I noted. One and probably two Fox Sparrow sang as I fed the birds. Plus, one Purple Finch and two Song Sparrow and about a dozen juncos and 4-5 Tree Sparrow at the feeders.

We have a pair of Red-bellied W. coming in to our suet and recently a Pileated has been drummiong and coming to the suet. We hope he succeeds in attracting a mate.

It doesn't feel like spring, bu it sounds like spring.

John and Karen Confer

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/