Date: 4/6/18 6:29 am
From: Paul Desjardins via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Early or too early?

Paul Desjardins
<paul.desjardins2...>
Phone: (860) 623-3696

Apologies if I may have posted this before. Once while at Quabbin reservoir in Massachusetts I heard calling in the distance what sounded like a Blue Winged Warbler giving the typical bee buzz song. I decided to check it out and when I came upon the bird it was a Brewster’s Warbler! Another case in point where it is important to confirm what you heard if there is any question of the identity of the bird. And there was another time when birding at Mohawk Mountain in Cornwall when I heard a really crazy song that did not match anything I was familiar with. After much frustration and searching it turned out to be a Magnolia Warbler! Just to prove that birds do not always “go by the book” when singing!

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks