Date: 4/5/18 6:42 pm
From: Patrick Malone via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Corkscrew Swamp in FL
Mid-Atlantic bird friends: I got a chance this week to escape the cold dreary early spring in our region and visit a bird sanctuary in southwest Florida called Corkscrew Swamp. I got some good photos of egrets, ibis, heron, spoonbills, anhinga, and even a couple of uncommon wood storks, plus woodpeckers, hawks and some sundry swamp creatures. posted here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmhamcQW <https://flic.kr/s/aHsmhamcQW>
This is a peak time of year for bird watching at Corkscrew because the ponds are shrinking before the spring rains come, and that concentrates the fish for the birds’ feeding frenzy. Audubon has built a boardwalk through the swamp and you get within touching distance of some breathtaking birds. Highly recommend a trip in the next few weeks. If you decide to go, I have a few viewing tips I can email you.

Patrick Malone
<pmalone...>