Date: 4/5/18 4:15 pm
From: Jane Stein <jeshawks...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Kestrels
I spent years tending kestrel boxes, and sometimes they can evict
starlings, sometimes they just go find another spot. The temperament
varies a lot-- some K-birds are ferocious defenders of territory, some
are honestly just wimps.

Good luck! (If you have a ladder that can get you up there, cleaning
out the starling nest before they have eggs will help. After eggs,
forget about it.)

Jane
Shoreham

On 4/5/2018 6:59 PM, Mundi Smithers wrote:
> Our pair sitting high on the electric wire just above the nest box. They weren’t seen at all today but made a cameo appearance around 6:00 this evening. On Tuesday I spotted a Starling pitching shaving out of the Kestrel box and my heart fell. Seeing this fierce pair sitting there this evening gives me hope!
>
> Mundi
> North Pownal
>

> Mundi Smithers
>

> The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
> Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)

Join us on Facebook!