Date: 4/5/18 4:19 pm
From: Mundi Smithers <amen1farm...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Kestrels
Thanks Jane, I’m hoping that these two are of the fierce persuasion! I haven’t seen any starling activity yesterday or today. A good Omen, I hope.

Mundi
North Pownal

Mundi Smithers

The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)

> On Apr 5, 2018, at 7:15 PM, Jane Stein <jeshawks...> wrote:
>
> I spent years tending kestrel boxes, and sometimes they can evict starlings, sometimes they just go find another spot. The temperament varies a lot-- some K-birds are ferocious defenders of territory, some are honestly just wimps.
>
> Good luck! (If you have a ladder that can get you up there, cleaning out the starling nest before they have eggs will help. After eggs, forget about it.)
>
> Jane
> Shoreham
>

> On 4/5/2018 6:59 PM, Mundi Smithers wrote:
>> Our pair sitting high on the electric wire just above the nest box. They weren’t seen at all today but made a cameo appearance around 6:00 this evening. On Tuesday I spotted a Starling pitching shaving out of the Kestrel box and my heart fell. Seeing this fierce pair sitting there this evening gives me hope!
>> Mundi
>> North Pownal
>> Mundi Smithers
>> The greatest tragedy in mankind's enitire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.
>> Arthur C Clarke (1917-2008)

Join us on Facebook!