Date: 4/5/18 12:41 pm
From: Winifred Hughes Spar <winifred.spar...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Little Blue Heron at Rogers Refuge
Hi All,
This morning around 10:45, Fred and I saw an adult Little Blue Heron in breeding plumage in the marsh to the right of the main platform at the Rogers Refuge in Princeton. Over the years we have seen them occasionally, usually immatures and usually in the spring.
Despite chilly temperatures, there were other signs of the season: a Phoebe and a pair of Pine Warblers in the Institute Woods, Tree Swallows and Bluebirds around the nest boxes in the marsh. Swamp Sparrows and a Pileated Woodpecker were active as well.
Winnie Spar
Sent from my iPhone

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>
List help: <jerseybi-request...>