Date: 4/5/18 12:28 pm
From: Elise W <ewolf97...>
Subject: [COBOL] Chance to help young birders
Hi All,

Rima, the biology teacher out at Sisters High School, is again seeking help
on some birding field trip days with her students. If you have an hour to
spare in the following time slots to help encourage our next wave of
birders, please email Rima.

Oh, and we need someone on Monday 4/16 12 - 3 pm to do a longer bird ID
class.

Thanks for sharing your talents with our younguns!

Elise Wolf

From: Rima Givot <rima.givot...>

Date: Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM
Subject: Seeking Biology birding field day mentors

Good afternoon bird enthusiasts!

As snow swirls down, spring is still bubbling just under the surface. The
birds are returning!

I am writing to you with hopes you will help mentor small groups of biology
students in learning how to identify birds. The biology classes will be
learning about native birds, learning to identify them and use binoculars,
and then designing their own studies to research bird adaptations in
specific habitats here on the school grounds and in our local Trout Creek
Conservation Area Forest. Support of the mentors is critical to the success
of this project!

I need help from you on Monday 4/16/18 from 12:00. to 3 p.m. to learn bird
identification practical skills at Indian Ford and Camp Polk Meadow
Preserves. (Note, there are two sessions, morning 8:15 to 11:45, and
afternoon 12 to 3. If you can only make the morning, let me know, and we
can make that work.)

I also need mentors who can come to the high school in addition to 4/16 for
a more days to work with the students to develop their studies and collect
data. If you could come to some, but not all, the priority days are the
first three, and morning days.

These days/times include:

Tue 4/17 (8:05-9:15 & 10:40-11:55 a.m.)

Wed 4/18 (10:40-11:40 a.m. & 2:05-3:05 p.m.)

Fri 4/20 (8:05-9:15 & 10:40-11:55 a.m.)

Mon 4/23 (10:40-11:55 a.m. & 1:55-3:05 p.m.)

Wed 4/25 (9:10-10:10 & 11:20-12:20)

Thur 4/26 (10:40-11:55 a.m. & 1:55-3:05 p.m.)

Mon 4/30 (8:05-9:15 & 10:40-11:55 a.m.)

Tue 5/1 (10:40-11:55 a.m. & 1:55-3:05 p.m.)

Best wishes,

Rima

[image: SSD-Logo-Final.jpg]

*Rima Givot*