Date: 4/5/18 7:31 am
From: 'Jean Stevenson' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Red Crossbills Arapahoe County SE Aurora
Has there been an irruption of Red Cross bills this year? We have observed a group of 10 to 12 birds, male and female, almost every day for two months in our yard in southeast Aurora, east of Quincy Reservoir. They usually land in a small group on the bird bath to drink for a few minutes then fly away. Sometimes they perch in a pine tree. We are thirty miles east of the foothills, technically in short grass prairie, although the homes have been here for over 30 years and have lots of mature trees. The birds are clearly visible from our window, definitely red cross bills.
Jean Stevenson, Aurora CO

=J=