Date: 4/4/18 6:33 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Willowdale SF (east), Apr 4, 2018
Willowdale SF (east), Ipswich

Apr 4, 2018 12:10 PM - 2:55 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments: I went in from Topsfield Rd. and walked at least a 3-mile loop to the beaver pond and back (closer to 4 if you count the sections I backtracked). Highlights were 4 or 5 pine warblers, at least 9 tree swallows, and an osprey.
29 species

Canada Goose 2
Mute Swan 2 Nesting pair. As soon as the pair of geese landed, the cob charged them to get them off his pond. The pen never left her nest. This is the third MUSW nest I have seen in the past week.
Wood Duck 3
Mallard 1
Green-winged Teal 2 Pair. I didn't get a look at the male's sides.
Ring-necked Duck 16 15 males and 1 female
Bufflehead 15 mix of sexes
Great Blue Heron 1
Osprey 1 This bird sat around and did not fish that I could see; it vocalized only a couple times. It appeared to be waiting for a prospective mate to fly over. (To my knowledge ospreys have never nested at this large beaver pond.)
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 4
Red-bellied Woodpecker 5
Downy Woodpecker 3
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Phoebe 2
Blue Jay 6
American Crow 4
Tree Swallow 9
Black-capped Chickadee 11
Tufted Titmouse 18
White-breasted Nuthatch 8
Brown Creeper 2 Heard one sing a couple times.
American Robin 6 Finally heard a few sing.
Pine Warbler 4 Heard 4 or 5 singing. Saw two of 'em.
Song Sparrow 3
Northern Cardinal 2
Red-winged Blackbird 12
Common Grackle 17