Date: 4/4/18 10:45 am
From: David Boltz via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Blue-winged Teal, Common Loon, Osprey, Thrasher at Lake Frederick, Frederick Co.
Yesterday 3 Blue-winged Teal were seen on the lake by others but missed by me. This morning there was a raft of 17. They are not here often. While watching them an Osprey circled around and then disappeared. 18 DC Cormorants were present, most in the trees.

I looked below the lake in the swampy area in hopes of Virginia Rail or Sora, but no luck. There was a singing Brown Thrasher in that area, however. I then birded a couple of other spots on the property in hopes of finding a Vesper Sparrow, but no luck.

I went back down to the boat ramp before heading home. There was a raft of 16 Greater and 1 Lesser Scaup, and a Common Loon was near them.

Complete list below.

Dave Boltz
Lake Frederick

Lake Frederick, Frederick, Virginia, US