Date: 4/4/18 9:29 am
From: David Provencher via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Probable Willow Flycatcher
Interesting, but... There currently are no Willow Flycatcher reports in the
Continental US on eBird. It may be a Northern Mockingbird doing Willow
Flycatcher. I have heard the resident Mocker here on Millstone Point do
Killdeer each Spring before any arrive. Willows really shouldn't be showing
up for another 4 to 6 weeks yet. I find it fascinating though that the
Mockers start imitating species just a short time before they arrive. It
would almost seem episodic memory.

Dave Provencher