Date: 4/4/18 9:13 am
From: Jeff Wells <jwboreal...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Swallows, phoebe, mergs in Gardiner
Rain stopped so I took a quick walk around by Cobbossee Stream and the
waterfront in Gardiner a few minutes ago. The Tree Swallows are back out
and there are at least 30-40. I got down near the stream edge and indeed
there are very small flies in the air there (didn't look like stoneflies
unless they are very tiny ones).

Down along the Kennebec River I saw my first Eastern Phoebe of the year,
sallying for insects along the river edge. There were at least 100 Common
Mergansers doing their annual spring raft up in the river as well. And I
heard my first song of the Brown Creeper of the year!

Jeff Wells