Date: 4/4/18 6:57 am
From: Jim Nelson <kingfishers2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] FOY Osprey as a yard bird, Mont. Co.
The balmy weather this morning gave me a chance to sit on our deck while
eating breakfast and birding.  I was pleasantly surprised when three
Osprey flew overhead, heading northeast. Most likely migrants, this is
only the fifth sighting from our small backyard in Bethesda near NIH and
Suburban Hospital -- one previous April sighting in 2015 and three fall
sightings.  Nice to get a first-of-year bird like this from the yard.

I neglected to report earlier that I added an interesting species to my
"Birds Seen Copulating" life list back on March 27 -- a pair of Black
Vultures at Great Falls on the C&O Canal in Montgomery County.

Jim Nelson

Bethesda, MD