Date: 4/4/18 5:17 am
From: Gregg Goodrich <gregggoodrich...>
Subject: [cobirds] Hanover Road Birds-El Paso County
On our way south to try for the Vermillion Flycatcher we had our FOS Turkey
Vultures on I25 near the Air Force Academy. Then on Hanover Road about 1000
feet west of De Groot Road on south side we had 2 singing Cassin’s Sparrows
and a Sage Thrasher. Got recordings for the list of the sparrows. Then
about 500 feet east of De Groot Road on north side of Hanover Road was a
Burrowing Owl.

And of course the Vermillion Flycatcher now wandered south of the Fire
Station at the farm houses. And the Curved-billed Thrashers behind the fuel
tanks in the cholla at the Fire Station. Fun birding area and didn’t even
make it to Chico. 6 first of year birds so very fun outing.

Gregg Goodrich
Highlands Ranch