Date: 4/3/18 8:20 pm
From: Les Brooks via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Two photos from Monday 4-2-2018 visit to Rappahannock River Valley NWR, Wilna Unit.
Hello everyone!First, a big THANK YOU to Lauren Cruz, Wildlife Biologist at the refuge!!  I have been trying for an image of a Northern Harrier for 150 years, or at least it seemed that way.  I don't participate in wildlife walks because I have issues walking any distance.  And this from a long ago 18th Airborne Corps Paratrooper, where 5 mile runs, each day, were the norm.  So now my truck serves me well but sometimes gives me limited access.  My hats off to Lauren and refuge personnel for getting me in the right place!
If you care to have a look here are my links to two Male Harrier images.  (I'm still working on capturing a decent Female photo.).................... http://natures-finest-photography.com/gallery/raptors/on-silent-wings---nfp-s/
and Here..........http://natures-finest-photography.com/gallery/raptors/a-gray-ghost-over-the-field---nfp-s/...............
Best birding to everyone!Les Brooks Glen Allen