Date: 4/3/18 12:04 pm
Subject: Re: thank you for feedback on "likely Connecticut Warbler, Mt. Mitchell, NC"
Dear All,

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate that this would be very early for
Connecticut Warbler, and that Connecticut Warblers are not a common bird
even at the right time and habitat in migration. I will talk with the
student and pass along your suggestions.

Matthew Campbell
Charleston, SC

On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 1:37 PM, Marilyn Westphal <mjwestph...>
wrote:

> It's actually highly unlikely to find any kind of warbler at Mt Mitchell
> on March 31, but since he/she was half way up it could have been one of the
> early arrivers, but as Steve said, CT Warblers are very late in the
> migratory chain of events and Nashville's wouldn't be here for a while yet
> either, so I don't know what it might be. Common Yellowthroats are just
> starting to arrive, but even that would be rare in Yancey County this
> early. So I don't know.
> Marilyn
>
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM, M Campbell <carolinabirds...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> One of my students gave a good description of a warbler with extensive
>> yellow, gray head, and a white eye ring. The warbler was seen about 1pm on
>> Saturday March 31 as the student was halfway up on a climb of Mt. Mitchell.
>>

>> Matthew Campbell
>> Charleston, SC
>>

> --
> Marilyn Westphal