Date: 4/3/18 10:39 am
From: Stephen Shunk <steve...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] Nuthatch
Mary,
I think Elise Wolf mentioned this, but Pygmy Nuthatches will occupy a small
birdbox very quickly. This typically gets them off the wooden siding, at
least for the current year. The same goes for flickers, although they need
a bigger box! You can easily find plans for these boxes online or just buy
them at Wild Birds Unlimited in Bend.

If flickers are drumming on your house, you will need to devise a more
resonant drumming surface than whatever part of the home they have chosen.
You may be able to attach a piece of sheet metal to a tree branch or trunk.
Otherwise, you may have to just rest assured that the drumming will stop in
about mid-summer!
Steve Shunk

*Do you have your copy of the Peterson Reference Guide to Woodpeckers of
North America?*
Visit www.woodpeckerwonderland.com for details!

Stephen Shunk, Paradise Birding
P.O. Box 547 Sisters, OR 97759