Date: 4/3/18 7:26 am
From: Nash, Matthew (DCR) <matthew.nash...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] RE DCR Belle Isle Marsh Programs
Belle Isle Marsh Reservation

An Oasis for Birds
Saturday, April 7 8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
Discover the abundant birdlife at Belle Isle Marsh Reservation, a restored wildlife sanctuary. We will walk while birding for a distance of a mile on easy level terrain. Please bring binoculars and a spotting scope if you have them. Reasonable accommodations available upon request. Co-sponsored by the Friends of Belle Isle Marsh. Meet at: Main Parking lot near the bulletin board, located on Bennington Street, East Boston between address 1236 Bennington St., East Boston and 173 Bennington St., Revere. Parking is on a paved lot and is free of charge. Accessible by public transportation: MBTA Blue line, Beachmont Station. Exit station, turn right, at intersection, cross State Road/Bennington Street, travel right along Bennington Street to park entrance on the left. Visit www.MBTA.com for bus and train information.

Winthrop Public Library

Wildlife Gardens for People at Belle Isle Marsh

Saturday, April 7, 2018 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Join DCR Park Staff and members of the Friends of Belle Isle Marsh in an active workshop to learn how we would like to improve the habitat of Belle Isle Marsh for wildlife and people by creating small wildlife garden plots. Be prepared to work in teams as we interview and learn from other park visitors, and generate new ideas of How might we create a legacy of land stewardship that begins at Belle Isle Marsh Reservation and is passed down through several generations? Please bring with you a gardening idea to share that saves time, energy and\or money. Meet at: Winthrop Public Library, Hazlett Room 2 Metcalf Square, Winthrop, MA 02152. Please RSVP to Matthew Nash, DCR Visitor Services Supervisor at <Matthew.Nash...>

Matthew Nash
Visitor Services Supervisor
DCR North Region Coastal District
One Eliot Circle