Date: 4/3/18 7:17 am
From: Peter Reisfeld <DrPinky...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Restoration pond warbler
As we are in a slowdown waiting for migration to pick up I thought it may be a good time to start thinking about warblers. I had an interesting one on Sunday at the Restoration pond in Alley Pond park. It was most likely a dull first year pine warbler, but was interesting in that it had a very pale bill, and almost no white eye arcs or spectacles, both a bit unusual for pines. Photos are on my ebird list (not the photos labelled as pines, but of the one listed as “warbler species”. Any comments from those with experience in these matters are welcomed.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S44160049

Good spring birding,

Peter

ARCHIVES: