Date: 4/2/18 5:11 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] Nuthatch
Mary, it is quite common. They are notorious for pecking out the knots in
siding so they have access to a HUGE nest cavity. Flickers will do it as
well. Much of the time they do it for the sound it makes - chimney chases
are hollow and the sound resonates more than a solid tree trunk. I'm sure
our resident Woodpecker expert can chime in with more details.

Tom Crabtree