Date: 4/2/18 9:14 am
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] How do you share eBird checklists?
Hi John,

Good question. There is no need to do anything other than share your checklist. We can easily filter out any records that do not fit within the safe dates for a species, so do not worry about submitting more than you think we need. (This is a good general rule of thumb - if you are not sure whether to submit something then share anyway and let us filter out what we don’t need.)

The one critical thing though is to make sure you use a breeding code for all species for which you have evidence of local breeding. The first filter we will apply will be to eliminate any records that lack any code, so without the codes your reports will not enter the atlas database. For this reason there is also no reason to share checklists that have no breeding records.

Chris

Chris Elphick
Storrs, CT
@ssts