Date: 4/2/18 6:58 am
Subject: Re: Bird apps
Merlin is a great, free app. You just have to download the bird packs for the various regions of the world. And now that Audubon has filled their app up with so many bells & whistles, so that you can’t access a bird’s song or description quickly, Merlin is much better. IBird is nice, but it costs & doesn’t tell you where the songs are from, so they can be “off”, location-wise.

Sheryl

On Sunday, April 1, 2018, 3:19 PM, Isabel Reddy <carolinabirds...> wrote:

Hello,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good bird ID app?
I liked the Nat’l Geo one, but w the upgrades I can no longer use it and I haven’t found a new version of it.
Thank you,
Isabel Reddy Chapel Hill

Sent from iPhone
On Apr 1, 2018, at 3:14 PM, Jim Edwards <jim.edwards...> wrote:

Along with the usual suspects, Jane Chew and I had six Piping Plovers today on North Beach at Seabrook Island.  I couldn't see that any of them were banded.  We also had Wilson's Plover and eight Marbled Godwits.

Jim Edwards

Join us on Facebook!