Date: 4/2/18 6:19 am
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Chincoteague Trip photos - 3 and Short-eared Owls
I have up-loaded my last group of photos from Chincoteague. In this group are photographs of Dunlin, Brown-headed Nuthatch, Common Loon, Yellow-rumped Warbler, and a few others.

Also, my daughter, Lucy, and I headed up to Staunton on Saturday to look for the Short-eared Owls. Allen Larner had contacted me and let me know that the SEOW were now consistently roosting in a few trees along Bells Lane and were active during the day. We saw 4 SEOWs. We could see one in a tree, the others it turns out were in the tree also but blocked from view. They spooked almost immediately, so all we got were in-flight shots.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Dept.