Date: 4/1/18 8:21 am
From: 'Marcy Stutzman' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Oxbow Lake: Rusty Blackbirds, Palm Warbler
Wilson Snipe feed around the edge of the peninsula (Galinule Point). Starting at NE Lakeside and making your way to the SE Observation Point, just scan the edge. They blend in well with the brown grasses, so you should look for the white feathers on their backs. They also feed away from the edge in the water. Once full, they'll find a stump to sit on. Whether you are using binoculars or a scope, look at one spot and then look all around your field of view for movement. If you see one, there likely is more!

I was there earlier this overcast morning, I cannot confirm I had any, but I believe I had at least 4 sitting just in the grassy edge being very still! They are there, just a lot of places for them to blend in.

Marcy

Marcy Stutzman
Russet, MD 20724