Date: 4/1/18 4:40 am
From: Rowe, Richard A, 'Dick' via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Chincoteague Trip - Photos 2
I have up-loaded some additional photos to my Flickr site. The photos are mainly from Chincoteague, but a few are from Kiptopeke State Park. I have to thank Bill Hohenstein for helping me locate the Nelson's Sparows and to get good photos of them. Nelson's Sparrow, which is a photo life-lister for me. They are secretive birds and have a habit of scurrying (they look like mice running through the marsh rather than flying). I was surprised at how mouse-like they really were. These photos were taken along the causeway leading into the refuge, just before the bridge. In addition to the NESP, I was able to get some lovely photos of Red-breasted Mergansers at Kiptopeke State Park - the lighting was perfect. I up-loaded some photos of Piping Plovers; they have just arrived at CNWR. The Park Service has already closed off large areas of the dunes/beach to protect the Oystercatchers, Skimmers (not at CNWR yet) and the Piping Plovers.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/vmibiology/

Dick Rowe
VMI Biology Dept