Date: 4/1/18 4:34 am
From: Pamela J Peters <ovenb1rdp...> [osbirds] <osbirds...>
Subject: [osbirds] Kestrels, Great Blue Herons and TVs
Yesterday early evening, in a lovely drive home from the Cannonsville
Reservoir along the back roads, I saw many signs of spring (from the
passenger seat :) --

Too many Robins to count in every open field
Kettle of over 20 Turkey Vultures circling near Trout Creek
5 Kestrels hunting or perched on wires
3 Ring-necked Ducks, 3 Wood Ducks, and 5 Common Mergansers
2 Great Blue Herons in the flooded fields along the Delaware
1 Red-tailed Hawk perched

About half the Reservoir still has a skim of ice, but the river ends are
high and rushing.

The Purple Finch and Juncos have been singing in our back yard for the past
week, and the Phoebe can not be far behind.

Pam Peters,
Treadwell

--
Pamela J Peters / 1527 Mackey Road / Franklin, NY 13775
<ovenb1rdp...> / 607-829-6545

Join us on Facebook!