Date: 3/31/18 8:09 pm
From: <cendralynn...> <cendralynn...>
Subject: [birders] air birds.

Last night around midnight a caravan of honking geese passed overhead south to north.  We were in Miller Woods, but even with the full moon we couldn't see them due to the trees.
As usual, they were discussing who should go first and why.  The argument seemed to involve which direction was correct.  The choices were less than five degrees different and most of the geese seemed uninterested.
They were only. A couple hundred of feet up, so at first I thought they might be locals.  But not only do our lazy locals go to bed well before sunset, but this gang was moving very fast.. We could actually hear the wings pumping, which is how we knew it was a big crew.  I guessed 40 or so.  The dogs chose to go on hunting for tiny critters.
So although we thought of the words, Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings, this was a acoustical event only.
Cendra Lynn

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<8la83u8nlmruk8afc03ejqkj.1522551404652...>