Date: 3/31/18 4:22 pm
From: 'MikeBowen' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Black-throated Gray Warbler in Havre de Grace now an eBird "stakeout" Hotspot
Lots of birders from Maryland and adjacent states have been reporting a Black-throated Gray Warbler from the streets of Havre de Grace in Harford County. Almost all of the sightings have been centered on the intersections of Lewis St. and Market St. in H de G.

So, on the recommendation of one of the birders who have seen this bird, apparently present for the second successive winter in Havre de Grace, although previously not at this particular location, we have set up what eBird calls a "stakeout" type of Hotspot. That is, a Hotspot at a location that does not normally qualify as a place that birders would travel to for predictably good birding.

The Hotspot is called:

"stakeout Black-throated Gray Warbler, Havre de Grace (2018)"

eBird will add the county name (Harford) to this, automatically.

If you have seen this excellent bird in this or a very close location, please Merge your Personal Location here with the new Hotspot. Doing so will reduce the scatter of locations of sightings that are clearly of the same individual bird. eBird provides instructions on how to Merge on its website, ebird.org, but if you have a question about Merging, please contact me off-line at <dhmbowen...>

Thanks

Mike Bowen
Bethesda
eBird Hotspot Reviewer for Maryland