Date: 3/31/18 1:46 pm
From: Sandra Keller <sandrakeller...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Mannington marsh - Glossy Ibis, BW Teal, Cranes - Salem county
Hello,
What a gorgeous day! Even a butterfly - a Lady sp. probably American.
A lot of wintering species were scarce today. They are moving on. This annual
RNC - AWS trip is usually run much earlier in the month. We enjoyed great
weather and birds back. Glossy Ibis at Sunset Rd. There were loads of
Snow Geese roosting on the water at Sunset also. On the river, escaping the
hunters I presume. Sunset Rd. had 2 pairs of BW Teal. And some GW Teal.
The Sandhill Cranes put on a show at the Rt. 45 platform area. Flying back
and forth and bugling. My bird of the day! Nimrod was slow. Not much
there. Kestrels were everywhere. Only one Harrier - that could be the lateness of
the trip. Meadowlarks along Featherbed Lane.

Good birding all.

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini

or e-mail to <njbrcreport...>