Date: 3/31/18 9:45 am
From: Wayne Bierbaum <wm.bierbaum...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Trumpeter Swan on the South River
This morning in Riva, Maryland, I saw a Trumpeter Swan at the mouth of Beards Creek. I was not ready to take a photo and only got it as it flew away. The bird flew up towards the beginning of the creek, Hidden Pond area, and landed there. Photo attached for discussion of ID but in the water it really looked the part.
I also had a Prairie Warbler in my back yard today. It was feeding on suet. This was a first for my yard.
Incidentally, I took a trip to Iceland and saw Tufted Ducks, Eurasian Wigeons, Pink-footed Geese and Whooper Swans. I won't bore you with photos. WDB