Date: 3/31/18 6:13 am
From: Bob Bethune <bobbethune...>
Subject: [birders] Re: Unusual coloration in a junco
The cismontanus pictures give me a very strong sense of recognition; the
Oregon pictures much less so because the bird I saw did not have any color
on it other than gray and white. No rufus, chestnut, etc.

i’m debating whether this is a strong enough sighting to report. I don’t
have any photos. On the other hand, there have been sightings of both
cismontanus and Oregon juncos in the general area southern Michigan during
the last 30 days. I did have ample opportunity to see and study the bird
and my visual memory of it is quite clear.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/CAHsrc%2BnKML1NyhFEPsWRm_t8%2B5x8Zs_tFOkGCtLUNJ6hjT8-%<3Dg...>