Date: 3/30/18 8:09 pm
From: Pamela Fisher <000000233af33264-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Waterfowl fallout, Lancaster county
After work I made the drive up to Middle Creek to try for the Eared Grebe that Bruce Carl had reported. I ran into Jason Horn there and we talked as we scoped the lake. There were easily over 60 Horned Grebes, and it was impossible to pick out the Eared Grebe as it was windy, and all the birds were sleeping. It was still thrilling to see so many in one spot. We also had about a dozen Long-tailed Ducks, a bunch of Lesser Scaup, one Mute Swan hanging out with the Tundras, American Wigeons, Ruddy Ducks, and over 25 Double-crested Cormorants! I stopped at the Night-heron rookery on the way home, and saw 5 have returned so far.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Join us on Facebook!