Date: 3/30/18 3:47 pm
From: Andrew Baksh <birdingdude...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Good Friday Kings county highlights...
Following my early encounter with a drake and hen Eurasian Wigeons at Brooklyn Army Terminal Pier 4.

I continued working a few more spots all in Brooklyn. The following are highlights.

7 Purple Sandpipers - Gravesend Bay (Middle Parking Lot). Not many Gulls around due to increased foot traffic in the area. The Purple Sandpipers are always a treat to observe.

Taking a break from enjoying those birds, I scoped out 2 RED-NECKED GREBES. Also of note in the same area was an Osprey which came in off the water.

At Dreier Offerman Park, the highlights were 2 LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS, 1 LAUGHING GULL, 1 Merlin, 4 Eastern Phoebes, 1 Great Egret, 15 Golden-crowned Kinglets, 2 Palm Warblers and 13 Killdeers.

At Coney Island Creek, the highlights were several breeding plumage Horned Grebes, 1 LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL and 1 ICELAND GULL (looked a bit bleached out)

Lots of Northern Flicker on the move in several of the spots I covered.

Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain