Date: 3/30/18 2:45 pm
From: 'The \Nunn Guy\' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Next "Nunn Guy" Field Trip: Prairie Wonders of the Pawnee National Grassland
Hi all

http://coloradobirder.club/m/events/view/Prairie-Wonders-of-the-Pawnee-National-Grassland

The Pawnee National Grassland is a birder’s and wildflower enthusiast’s
paradise. The more than 190,000 acres hosts an amazing array of birds,
wildflowers, plants and animals that fills the prairie with song and sights
to behold.

April can be an excellent month for seeing migrant and breeding birds in
full song. Many specialty birds here include: Mountain Plover, McCown’s
Longspur, Chestnut-collared Longspur, Burrowing Owl, Long-billed Curlew,
various sparrows, Loggerhead Shrike, and many others.

The trip leader is led by the “Nunn Guy” (Gary Lefko). The trip is *April
14 (Saturday) beginning at 7:30 AM* at the Nunn Café parking lot. Car pool
birding is available, but stops are common to get out, look and listen for
singing birds. Our trips are always free and participation is not limited.
For questions, email the “Nunn Guy” (Gary) at coloradobirder --> AT -->
yahoo.com.

*Directions*: Meet at the, now closed, Nunn Cafe on south side of Nunn
along Hwy 85 (across from east grain elevators). Main routes to Nunn are:
I-25N to Wellington to Larimer CR 64E (aka Nunn Road aka Weld CR 100) Hwy
85N from Greeley to Nunn I-25N to Hwy 14E to Ault to Hwy 85N to Nunn.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn

http://coloradobirder.club/

*Our human footprint comes with a great accountability and responsibility
to balance our demands for resources while affording us great opportunity
to sustain grassland ecosystems and protect grassland bird species. The
challenge for this century is to better understand our grassland ecosystem
and dependent biodiversity in reconciling the human needs placed upon them.*