Date: 3/30/18 11:19 am
From: Scott Barnes <scott.barnes...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] So. Amboy today; flash trip Sunday
Jerseybirds,

Today's NJ Audubon All Things Birds field trip to Raritan Bay Waterfront Park had a nice little push of raptors mid-morning, w/ 10+ Ospreys, 3 Red-shouldered Hawks, 3 Red-tails, 3 Northern Harriers, 2 Cooper's Hawks, and 3 American Kestrels. The bay hosted both loons, a few alternate plumage Long-tailed Ducks, & 50+ Horned Grebes, some in stunning alternate plumage. Other migrants included Killdeer, a half dozen Tree Swallows, 3 American Pipits, and lots of blackbirds moving west. We have another trip here Apr 6.
https://community.njaudubon.org/ATB-Calendar

Also, I'll lead a flash field trip to Sandy Hook this Sun...conditions look promising, but no guarantees! This fee trip will meet at B-lot at 8:45 & ends at 2. Contact me if you need more info.

Good birding,

Scott Barnes
Program Director, All Things Birds
Assistant Director, Eco-Travel