Date: 3/30/18 10:39 am
From: Frank Gallo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Spring has sprung...
Hi all,

I stopped at Wilcox Park and Mondo Pond in Milford this morning. It was quite birdy at both places. There were a few Eastern Phoebe’s at each site, and at least 14 Golden-crowned Kinglets at Wilcox, and a few at Mondo. A couple of Great Egrets flew over Wilcox, as did a Killdeer (calling). There were 4 singing Pine Warblers near the north Parking lot at Mondo, an adult Black-crowned Night-Heron (west pond), and an Osprey, as well. Yesterday, my first Tree Swallow was at Mondo and I watched a pair of courting Red-tailed Hawks at Mondo. There was also a Sharp-shinned Hawk that looked like it was heading north.

Good birding,

Frank

Frank Gallo, Milford

Sunrisebirding, LLC
Sunrisebirding.com <http://sunrisebirding.com/>.
Next walk: Evening Owl Prowl, April 11.
Contact me directly if you’re interested.