Date: 3/30/18 9:11 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Manassas Battlefield, vesper sparrowsO

Toby Hardwick and I birded a section of the Manassas Battlefield this morning starting at the Stone Bridge parking lot. The 5 mile loop covers both woods and extensive fields. We put together a nice list of 54 species. My personal highlight was the 8 vesper sparrows; 6 in one flock and a couple of singletons. Other sparrows were savannah, field, chipping, song, swamp, white-throated, junco, and towhee. Other notables were yellow-bellied sapsucker, winter wren, brown creeper, American pipit, kestrel, sharp-shinned hawk, singing thrashers, pine warblers, ruby-crowned kinglet, and meadowlark.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>